MP chief secretary Iqbal Singh gets six-month extension - Bhopal News
by IANS | Updated Nov 30, 2022
An order issued by the Union Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievance and Pension, stated that Bains will continue in the post till May 31, 2023.
"I am directed to refer to DO letter dated 9.11.2022 of the Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh on the above mentioned subject and to convey the approval of the Central Government for extension in service of Shri Iqbal Singh Bains, IAS (MP-85), Chief Secretary Government of Madhya Pradesh for a period of six months beyond his date of superannuation, i.e. from 1.12.2022 to 31.5.2023 under Rule 16 (1) if AIS (DCRB) Rules, 1958," the order read.
Bains was appointed chief secretary within 24 hours of the Shivraj Singh Chouhan-led BJP government returning to power in March 2020 with the support of Jyotiraditya Scindia and 25 Congress MLAs, who had defected to the BJP.
Chouhan's silence on appointing new CS till the last day (Wednesday) has created a buzz of speculation as several senior officials were in the race for the top post. However, it had also been speculated that Bains would be getting the extension, especially after Chouhan visited New Delhi on Tuesday.
Bains's extension comes at a time when the state is headed for Assembly elections, expected to take place in November 2023.
- Arms, drugs recovery case: ED conducts raids in Punjab
- Maratha Light Infantry Regimental Centre celebrates 255th Raising Day
- Delhi court restrains Shikhar Dhawan's estranged wife from defaming him
- ART, Surrogacy Bill strive to provide better medical care: Mandaviya
- Puducherry L-G, Stalin condole demise of legendary singer Vani Jayaram
- J&K LG inaugurates Special Governance Camp for Kashmiri migrants
- 'Usage of scrap in primary steel production to grow to 50%'
- Bring back old regime of NRIs' stay in India: Narayana Murthy
- Sunny Leone's fashion show in Imphal cancelled after grenade blast (Ld)
- ‘Scapegoats’: Delhi court discharges 11 including Sharjeel Imam in Jamia violence case (Ld)