Mongolia received 290,400 foreign visitors in 2022 - Ulaanbaatar News
by IANS | Updated Jan 10, 2023
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the number of foreign visitor arrivals in Mongolia declined to only 33,000 in 2021, Xinhua news agency quoted the Ministry as saying.
Mongolia has been taking various measures to promote the pandemic-hit tourism sector.
Particularly, the government recently made a decision to exempt citizens of 34 countries from visa requirements for up to 30 days until the end of 2025.
The country has also declared 2023 and 2024 as "Years to Visit Mongolia", and is expected to organise more than 90 events in 2023 to promote the ector.
The country has set a goal of welcoming at least 1 million foreign tourists and earning $1 billion from tourism in 2024.
- Milwaukee Police's first India-born officer retires after 21 yrs
- S.Korean Parliament votes to impeach Interior Minister over 2022 crowd crush
- NZ govt provides support package for flood-affected Auckland businesses
- 12 terrorists killed in Pakistan military operation
- China renews alert for snowstorms
- Australia's climate wetter, warmer than average in 2022: Report
- Japan's current account surplus drops 50 pct to 8-year low in 2022
- Bangladesh trade deficit dips to $12.30bn in H1 of fiscal 2022-23
- Biden delivers State of the Union address to divided Congress
- Turkey-Syria toll reaches 9,638, rescue efforts becoming 'harder'