Minor raped by relative in UP - Lakhimpur Kheri News
by IANS | Updated Jan 13, 2023
SHO of Kheri police station, Siyaram Verma, said: "The girl's father is a marginal farmer. The accused, who is also a farmer, is a close relative of the victim's family and often used to visit their house.
"On Thursday, he allegedly took the girl to a secluded place and sexually assaulted her. The victim was found by her parents in an unconscious state. Thereafter, they rushed her to a nearby hospital and alerted the police.
"We have registered an FIR against the accused under section 376ab (rape of a woman below 12 years of age) of IPC along with relevant sections of the POCSO Act on the complaint of the girl's parents."
Meanwhile, the girl is undergoing treatment at the district hospital and is still under trauma.
The SHO said that her statement would be recorded once her condition is stable.
Her medical examination has been conducted and the report will be submitted soon.
- Ajit Pawar 'advises' new MLC Satyajeet Tambe to return to Congress fold
- Two more held in Guj paper leak case from Kolkata
- Bengal government faces Calcutta HC's wrath for delaying teachers' dues
- PIL in Delhi HC seeks direction to conduct LS, Assembly polls together in 2024
- Insta Fraud: Techie held in B'luru for trapping women by promising jobs
- Scheduled Caste employees in Hry to get reservation in promotion
- Houses in J&K's Doda develop cracks, 19 families shifted
- Shivakumar at dinner at Kichcha Sudeepa's house amid rumours of actor's political entry
- Ex-Sikkim CM's party calls 48-hour state bandh
- Punjab Cabinet approves electric vehicle policy