Microsoft's next Surface Duo may feature foldable screen - San Francisco News
by IANS | Updated Jan 11, 2023
The information came from sources who are familiar with the company's plans, reports Windows Central.
Microsoft has decided to switch to a more traditional foldable design with a 180-degree hinge, internal foldable screen and external cover display after a long year of hardware research and experimentation.
The tech giant began exploring single-screen foldable designs as a successor to the Surface Duo 2, the report said.
In September last year, it was reported that the upcoming Surface Duo 3 is expected to feature a similar design to Samsung's foldable smartphone Galaxy Z Fold 4.
A patent had revealed the design of a new Surface product. That might be the Surface Duo 3, which interestingly enough, features a design reminiscent of a foldable Samsung foldable smartphone.
- Digital lending apps issue clarifications after Centre's ban on loan apps
- MSI launches new line-up of laptops in India
- Cybersecurity firm Secureworks lays off 9% of staff
- Need tougher laws to tame Big Tech from collecting personal data: Joe Biden
- YouTube Music rolls out redesigned album view for Android, iOS
- iPhone 15 Pro Max to feature 2,500 nits display panel from Samsung
- Google to end feature that shows playable podcasts in search results
- Meta plans to include younger teens in its Horizon Worlds app
- Apple expanding 'Communication Safety' feature to more countries
- Binance allegations false and misleading, WazirX tells users