Microsoft 'Teams' adds 'Communities' to compete Facebook groups - San Francisco News
by IANS | Updated Dec 08, 2022
'Communities' is a new experience that allows users to come together, connect, share and collaborate, the company said in a blogpost on Wednesday.
It allows users to easily post messages to everyone in the group, organise events and add them to the community calendar for everyone to see.
Users can share and store documents dedicated to group activity and can filter content to quickly access photos, videos, events and links.
To ensure that community members feel safe, community owners can manage settings, create community guidelines and monitor content by adding or removing participants and posts as necessary.
Communities in Teams also offer a new events experience for organising virtual, hybrid or in-person events.
For online events, users can easily add dial-in information and a link so that attendees can participate without any trouble.
Whereas, for the in-person events, users can enter a venue and provide participants with specific directions via a visual map.
Microsoft also announced that "in 2023, people can access SignUpGenius within Teams to recruit volunteers, coordinate events and manage a variety of sign ups."
- Chip-maker Intel to layoff about 340 employees at California campus
- Samsung's Q4 profit drops 69% on sluggish demand, lowest since 2014
- Indian economy remains a 'bright spot' per IMF
- SC upholds NCLAT order on dues of Jet Airways' former employees
- ITC commences Rs 450 cr food manufacturing facility in Telangana
- Govt progressing on policy of adopting import substitutes, cost-effective indigenous fuels: Gadkari
- All outstanding ratings, including Adani company, under continuous surveillance: Acuite Ratings
- Sindhudurg to be linked with Hyderabad, Mysuru by 2 flights a week
- LIC's exposure to Adani group is only 0.975% of its AUM
- Xiaomi's Manu Jain moves on after 9 yrs, prepares for 'beginning of a new journey'