MHA declares LeT operative Arbaz Ahmad Mir a terrorist - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Jan 07, 2023
The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), in a notification released on Friday, said that Mir was involved in promoting terrorist activities in Jammu and Kashmir.
The Ministry stated that the government had declared Mir as a terrorist, exercising the powers conferred by
by clause (a) of sub-section 1) of section 35 of the UAPA, 1967.
Mir belongs to Kulgam district of J&K and currently resides in Pakistan.
The MHA said that Mir had been involved in targeted killings and was the mastermind of the murder of Rajni Wala, a female teacher in Kulgam.
Mir was involved in coordinating terror acts in the valley and helping terrorists by illegally supplying arms and ammunition, including explosives from across the border, said the MHA.
The notification cited the aforementioned reasons for declaring Mir a terrorist.
On Thursday, the MHA had declared LeT Commander Mohammad Amin Khubaib as a terrorist.
- Amid Adani row, Kharge calls opposition meet
- SIA raids underway in Srinagar
- Shailja Kaushal - From a diary keeper to award-winning writer
- Jharkhand: Rally, celebratory event in Dumka mark JMM's foundation day
- Kejriwal renewed attack on L-G to 'divert media attention' from ED chargesheet: Delhi BJP
- Two members of Bambiha gang held with illegal arms procured from MP
- 2 held at IGI airport with medicines valued at Rs 86.40L
- 3 injured after DTC bus crashes into subway crossing
- K'taka sex CD scandal: BJP prepares to handover case to CBI
- Lawyer held in Goa for committing theft in court