MCD polls: BJP, AAP win 14 wards each, Congress bags 2 - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Dec 07, 2022
As per official trends at 11 a.m., the AAP is still leading on 116 seats and BJP is ahead in 91 wards.
Congress, which has emerged victorious in two wards, is leading in nine, Independent -- 3 while Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) is ahead in one.
Counting for the 250 wards of the civic agency began at 8 a.m. on Wednesday amid tight security arrangements at 42 centres.
There are a total of 1,349 candidates in the fray.
Meanwhile, as the results started to trend, scores of AAP workers gathered at the party's headquarters with patriotic songs blaring through loudspeakers and the entire premises decked up with colourful balloons.
- RSS calls BBC 'toolkit that spreads lies and propaganda'
- Prajadvani Yatra by K'taka Cong enters JD(S) bastion
- Monish Gujral's 'On the Pickle Trail' takes you on a global odyssey with its 100 recipes
- SC agrees to examine plea by AAP Mayoral candidate for time-bound election
- Gujarat: 7 killed in road mishaps in 12 hrs
- Conman case: Delhi court allows Jacqueline Fernandez to travel abroad
- Nigerian national arrested in Delhi for supplying drugs
- Bharat Jodo Yatra enters Kashmir
- Trinamool Congress to extend full support to its arrested spokesman Saket Gokhale
- AI urination case: Delhi court adjourns hearing in Shankar Mishra's bail plea