Markets open in red on Wednesday then turn green
by IANS | Updated Jun 17, 2020
The Sensex of the BSE opened at 33,438.31 points and touched a high of 33,700.48 points. The Sensex touched a low of 33,332.96 points.
On Tuesday the Sensex closed at 33,605.22 points.
The Sensex is trading at 33,668.72 up by 63.50 points or 0.19 per cent.
On the other hand, the broader 50-scrip Nifty at the National Stock Exchange (NSE) opened at 9,876.70 after closing at 9,914.00 points.
The Nifty is trading at 9,862.30 points in the morning.
- Govt scales down disinvestment target to Rs 51,000 crore for 2023-24 in Bbudget
- Adani Enterprises calls off Rs 20K cr FPO, to return money to investors
- Move to new tax regime stokes concern over investments in insurance, mutual funds
- To discourage cheap imports from China, Customs duty on imitation jewellery hiked to 25%
- Chip-maker Intel to layoff about 340 employees at California campus
- Samsung's Q4 profit drops 69% on sluggish demand, lowest since 2014
- Indian economy remains a 'bright spot' per IMF
- SC upholds NCLAT order on dues of Jet Airways' former employees
- ITC commences Rs 450 cr food manufacturing facility in Telangana
- Govt progressing on policy of adopting import substitutes, cost-effective indigenous fuels: Gadkari