Man set ablaze by ex-partner in Gujarat - Morbi (Gujarat) News
by IANS | Updated Jan 07, 2023
On Friday evening, he was rushed to the Wankaner hospital, from where he was referred to the Rajkot government hospital.
Vanrajsinh Babaria, investigation officer of the Wankaner police station, told IANS that around 4.30 p.m. on Friday the was police informed about the incident.
When the officer recorded the victim's statement, the latter identified himself as Ramesh Ramani and said his live-in partner Gita from Godhra had set him ablaze.
In his statement, Ramesh said that a few months ago he had come in contact with Gita, and both started living together.
Some days back, she stole gold ornaments and fled and on Friday afternoon, Gita called him to an isolated place to resolve the issue between the two, he said.
She then poured petrol on him and tried to kill him, the victim claimed.
The officer said that Ramesh did not have any additional details of the woman, including her address.
- BJP RS MP Sushil Modi blames RJD for Chhapra violence
- 225 candidates in fray in Feb 27 Nagaland Assembly polls
- 37 women among 379 candidates in fray for Meghalaya Assembly polls
- Health Ministry extends NEET PG 2023 internship completion date
- Delhi LG writes to Haryana CM for sustainable solution to Yamuna pollution
- Chopped Shraddha's body into more than 17 pieces, Aftab confessed: Charge sheet
- Nadda to release manifesto for Tripura polls on Feb 9
- One killed in fire after cylinder explodes in west Delhi
- ED seized Rs 859.15 cr under PMLA in illegal loan apps cases: MoS Finance
- Manipur finally gets rights body chief