Man held in Lucknow for 'abetting' suicide of 17-yr-old girl - Lucknow News
by IANS | Updated Jan 11, 2023
According to police, the 17-year-old girl died by suicide as she hanged herself from a ceiling fan at her residence in Madiyaon area here.
"The girl's father lodged an FIR against a person Rafique Siddique, who had threatened his daughter. The accused has been booked under section 306 (abetment to suicide) of the IPC," said Qasim Abidi, Deputy Commissioner of Police, North.
The girl's father said that the accused worked in a library in Anna market in Lucknow and wanted to marry his daughter.
The accused even used to send his brother in the house and would claim that he was a politician who could land them in trouble, the victim's father added.
"The man had also threatened to abduct her which forced my daughter to end her life," the victim's father said in his police complaint.
- Scattered light rain, snow in Kashmir
- Parliament proceedings likely to witness disruptions over Adani issue for 2nd day
- Amid demand for JPC on Adani, Manish Tewari moves adjournment notice on China
- Amid Adani row, Kharge calls opposition meet
- SIA raids underway in Srinagar
- Shailja Kaushal - From a diary keeper to award-winning writer
- Jharkhand: Rally, celebratory event in Dumka mark JMM's foundation day
- Kejriwal renewed attack on L-G to 'divert media attention' from ED chargesheet: Delhi BJP
- Two members of Bambiha gang held with illegal arms procured from MP
- 2 held at IGI airport with medicines valued at Rs 86.40L