Man held for murder of transgender in Delhi - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Jan 17, 2023
The accused has been identified as Krishan, a resident Sonepat in Haryana.
According to a senior police officer, at about 4:35 p.m. on January 15, an information was received at the Rajouri Garden police station regarding a body lying in a pool of blood, following which a police team was rushed to the spot.
"The police found the body of a transgender, identified as Sakir Hussain alias Pinki, a resident of Raghubir Nagar. There were deep cut marks on the neck and behind the right ear of the deceased," said the officer.
The officer added that a case under Section 302 (murder) of the Indian Penal Code was registered and investigation was taken up.
"Krishan was nabbed through technical and manual surveillance. Further investigation is going on to know why he killed Sakir," said the officer.
- Kejriwal renewed attack on L-G to 'divert media attention' from ED chargesheet: Delhi BJP
- Two members of Bambiha gang held with illegal arms procured from MP
- 2 held at IGI airport with medicines valued at Rs 86.40L
- 3 injured after DTC bus crashes into subway crossing
- K'taka sex CD scandal: BJP prepares to handover case to CBI
- Lawyer held in Goa for committing theft in court
- 8 specially-abled children from Delhi to take part in World Scout Jamboree
- Two bystanders injured after two men open fire in Delhi's Bhogal market
- I-T dept raids over 30 locations of five builder groups across Jaipur
- January payment to be cleared soon: MCD commissioner tells HC