Man dragged on car's bonnet in Delhi; 1 arrested (Lead) - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Jan 14, 2023
In the video, a man is seen on the bonnet of a moving white Maruti Dzire car. Police said that they have arrested an individual -- identified as Ishant (19), a resident of Bhopura in Ghaziabad.
According to a senior police officer, on Thursday, a police control room (PCR) call regarding a quarrel at Ring Road was received at Rajouri Garden police station following which a police team was dispatched for the spot.
"During enquiry, it came to notice that an incident of road rage had happened between two persons (driving their respective cars), Jaiprakash and Ishant Sapolia. They both also sustained minor injuries during the scuffle," said the official.
"Jaiprakash told police that Ishant, who was driving a Maruti Dzire car, tried to kill him and he was dragged on the bonnet of the car for around 100-200 meters," said the official.
"Ishant has been arrested and the car has been seized for further investigation. A case under Section 279 (rash driving), 323 (punishment for voluntarily causing hurt), 341 (punishment for wrongful restraint) and 308 (attempt to commit culpable homicide) of the Indian Penal Code has been registered," said the official.
- Kejriwal renewed attack on L-G to 'divert media attention' from ED chargesheet: Delhi BJP
- Two members of Bambiha gang held with illegal arms procured from MP
- 2 held at IGI airport with medicines valued at Rs 86.40L
- 3 injured after DTC bus crashes into subway crossing
- K'taka sex CD scandal: BJP prepares to handover case to CBI
- Lawyer held in Goa for committing theft in court
- 8 specially-abled children from Delhi to take part in World Scout Jamboree
- Two bystanders injured after two men open fire in Delhi's Bhogal market
- I-T dept raids over 30 locations of five builder groups across Jaipur
- January payment to be cleared soon: MCD commissioner tells HC