Man booked for killing snake in UP village - Baghpat News
by IANS | Updated Jan 10, 2023
An FIR was lodged on a complaint by a forest guard in connection with the incident that took place in Shabga village in Chhaprauli area.
The accused, Swaleen, is on the run, the police said.
According to a police spokesman, the incident took place on Sunday night and the forest department received information about it on Monday.
A snake came out of the house of a villager, Ram Sharan, and Swaleen came there and killed it, according to villagers.
The FIR was registered under the Wildlife Protection Act against Swaleen for allegedly killing the snake, Divisional Forest Officer Hemant Kumar Seth said.
Reports said that the snake was apparently crushed under a heavy object.
A post-mortem examination will ascertain the exact cause of death, Seth said.
- Social media: Dos and don'ts issued for UP Police
- Women can offer 'namaz' in mosques: AIMPLB to SC
- Tamil Nadu: Avadi commissionerate begins bicycle patrolling
- ED attaches assets worth Rs 13.87cr in bank fraud case
- Coal scam: Recovery amount by ED rises to Rs 1.25 cr, Gajraj Towers' name surfaces (Ld)
- Police nab one for Maha scribe's death, MVA, BUJ, PUCL slam govt (Lead)
- Andhra Cabinet's nod for National Law University at Kurnool
- SC collegium recommends appointment of Chief Justices of 4 HCs
- J&K launches project to promote sustainable agriculture
- J&K: CBI arrests 2 in bribe case