Man beaten to death with hammer in Delhi - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Jan 10, 2023
According to a senior police official, at about 7.15 p.m. on Monday, a call was received about a man being beaten in the Tughlakabad extension area following which an Emergency Response Vehicle (ERV) was dispatched.
"When the police team reached the spot, they found that the injured had been shifted to Mazidia Hospital. Thereafter the police team reached the hospital and collected the medico-legal case (MLC) of Md Ayub who was declared brought dead," said the official.
"On enquiry, it was revealed that Ayub was assaulted by Shahil with a hammer causing head injury. Accordingly a case under section 302 (murder) of the IPC was registered at the Govindpuri police station."
The body has been shifted to the AIIMS mortuary for post-mortem.
"The accused Shahil has been apprehended. Further investigation is in progress," the official added.
- After two days of rain & snow weather improves in Kashmir
- TN power utility seeks approval to purchase solar power from farmers
- Jammu-Srinagar National Highway closed for 2nd day
- Sonia to attend President address as Congress leaders stuck in Srinagar
- BRS & AAP to boycott Prez address
- PM Modi to visit poll bound K'taka on Feb 6
- Rape victim's brother found dead in UP's Meerut
- PM Modi to inaugurate Delhi-Mumbai Expressway on Feb 12
- Three held for duping Swiss tourist at Taj Mahal
- Prez Murmu to address joint sitting of Parliament first time