Man absconding since 2019 in Rs 3.75 cr robbery case lands in police net - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Dec 01, 2022
The accused has been identified as Suraj, a resident of Jahangirpuri.
"On May 24, Joginder Goel, having a business of blankets in Panipat, was robbed by some boys of Rs 3.75 crore at gunpoint. Goel's employees, Santosh Kumar alias Raman and his driver Sudhir along with Narender, Kanhiya, Sultan, and Aman were arrested while Joginder, Ajay and Suraj were absconding," said Ravindra Singh Yadav, Special Commissioner of Police (crime).
The Crime Branch received specific inputs regarding Suraj following which a trap was laid near Golf Course, Bhalswa Dairy in Delhi, and he was nabbed.
"He was interrogated at length. At first, he misled the police team but on sustained interrogation, he confessed his involvement in the case of robbery of Rs 3.75 crore registered at Chandani Bagh police station in Panipat," said Yadav.
"Narendra, who had been arrested earlier in the case, is the uncle of Suraj who was working as a trainer in a gym at Jahangirpuri," said the official.
- Sangh is neither right nor left wing, says RSS general secretary
- Gujarat: Woman, paramour held for her son's murder
- Union Budget instrument to push country into huge debt: Sisodia
- Man held at Mumbai airport with cocaine valued at Rs 33.60cr
- Tripura tribal party to contest alone in Feb 16 Assembly polls
- India lists Pak-based terrorist Abdul Rehman Makki as UN-listed terrorist
- Rs 4K cr for 14,500 PM SHRI Schools, 20 lakh students to benefit
- 'Ameer ke saath, gareeb ka vinash': Siddaramaiah on Union Budget
- Defence Budget: Focus on operational preparedness; thrust on Agniveers' training
- Motivational speaker Nick Vujicic calls on Andhra CM