Mamata furious at Centre's move to send team to Bengal to probe PMAY scam - Kolkata News
by IANS | Updated Jan 05, 2023
Addressing media persons on Thursday while returning to Kolkata from her Gangasagar Mela supervisory tour at Sagar Island in South 24 Parganas district, she launched a scathing attack against the Union government on this count.
"With a sheer political motive, the Union government is frequently sending central inspection teams to West Bengal. How many more teams will then send? Even central teams appear if a firecracker bursts in the state. The central inspection team also comes if anyone reserves his or personal cash at home. This is a direct violation of the federal structure of democracy in the country," Banerjee said.
She alleged that the instances of fake job cards under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) scheme are much more in the BJP-ruled states rather than in West Bengal. "The number of such fake job cards are maximum in BJP- ruled Uttar Pradesh at 69 lakh. In the case of West Bengal, the number is just 20 lakh. The numbers are much higher in states like Madhya Pradesh and Haryana. Then why do they isolate West Bengal?" she questioned.
On the occasion, the Chief Minister once again lambasted the Union government on the pending central dues to the state on account of the MGNREGA scheme. "West Bengal has been the top performer among all Indian states in terms of implementation of MGNREGA scheme. Still, we are deprived of the dues. The poor men in the rural pockets are deprived of their payments as a result," she added.
- Sangh is neither right nor left wing, says RSS general secretary
- Gujarat: Woman, paramour held for her son's murder
- Union Budget instrument to push country into huge debt: Sisodia
- Man held at Mumbai airport with cocaine valued at Rs 33.60cr
- Tripura tribal party to contest alone in Feb 16 Assembly polls
- India lists Pak-based terrorist Abdul Rehman Makki as UN-listed terrorist
- Rs 4K cr for 14,500 PM SHRI Schools, 20 lakh students to benefit
- 'Ameer ke saath, gareeb ka vinash': Siddaramaiah on Union Budget
- Defence Budget: Focus on operational preparedness; thrust on Agniveers' training
- Motivational speaker Nick Vujicic calls on Andhra CM