Lucknow: Rickshaw puller kills friend over sleeping space - Lucknow News
by IANS | Updated Jan 06, 2023
The police came to know about the incident only after some rickshaw pullers alerted them.
Several homeless rickshaw pullers get shelter at the accommodation at the religious place every night.
The victim, Imamul Khan, 60, had a verbal spat with one Shamsher a.k.a Chhote Lal Kori for sleeping at a place which was cosier in view of biting cold.
Later, Shamsher attacked Imamul and left him bleeding profusely.
Another rickshaw puller, Santosh Kumar Chauhan, spotted Imamul in a pool of blood and he alerted the staff of the religious place who, in turn, informed the police.
"Imamul was taken to a government hospital and was pronounced dead," the Hazratganj police said.
The police registered a case on the complaint of Santosh who told police that he had seen Imamul and Shamsher quarrelling the previous night.
"I went to sleep ignoring their fight and later found Imamul had his head smashed with some heavy object and blood oozing out.
Police swung into action after the incident and a team started to hunt for Shamsher and arrested him on the way to Lucknow's Charbagh railway station.
DCP, Central Zone, Aparna Rajat Kaushik said that Shamsher confessed to his crime and said that he had smashed him with a brick.
- After two days of rain & snow weather improves in Kashmir
- TN power utility seeks approval to purchase solar power from farmers
- Jammu-Srinagar National Highway closed for 2nd day
- Sonia to attend President address as Congress leaders stuck in Srinagar
- BRS & AAP to boycott Prez address
- PM Modi to visit poll bound K'taka on Feb 6
- Rape victim's brother found dead in UP's Meerut
- PM Modi to inaugurate Delhi-Mumbai Expressway on Feb 12
- Three held for duping Swiss tourist at Taj Mahal
- Prez Murmu to address joint sitting of Parliament first time