Lucknow cops disguise themselves to arrest stalker - Lucknow News
by IANS | Updated Dec 07, 2022
ADCP, West Zone, Chiranjeev Nath Sinha, said: "First, we tried to convince the girl to go to the school and told he that we will provide security to her. A woman officer met the girl and then cops in the guise of vegetable sellers stayed at a place near the school while the woman cop in a 'veil' kept following her.
"On Tuesday, the stalker approached her and tried to talk to her. He was taken by surprise by the cops and arrested."
The miscreant whom the victim's family had identified Divyam Singh, 23, had been stalking the girl since the past few days.
He lured her to share her mobile number and then started chatting with her.
On the night of November 26, he convinced the girl to meet him, promising to give a wristwatch and later got fresh with her when she reached there.
As the girl resisted, he threatened her and later phoned her parents and threatened them too.
"He used to call us up during odd hours using different mobile numbers. He used to abuse us and threatened to kill us. We saw him roaming on a bike outside our house and we feared that he would kidnap my daughter. We are relieved that he has been arrested," said the victim's father.
- Sangh is neither right nor left wing, says RSS general secretary
- Gujarat: Woman, paramour held for her son's murder
- Union Budget instrument to push country into huge debt: Sisodia
- Man held at Mumbai airport with cocaine valued at Rs 33.60cr
- Tripura tribal party to contest alone in Feb 16 Assembly polls
- India lists Pak-based terrorist Abdul Rehman Makki as UN-listed terrorist
- Rs 4K cr for 14,500 PM SHRI Schools, 20 lakh students to benefit
- 'Ameer ke saath, gareeb ka vinash': Siddaramaiah on Union Budget
- Defence Budget: Focus on operational preparedness; thrust on Agniveers' training
- Motivational speaker Nick Vujicic calls on Andhra CM