Locally made clay idols to replace Chinese Gauri-Ganesh in UP
by IANS | Updated Jun 17, 2020
Sculptors from Gorakhpur, Lucknow-based expert Krishna Kumar Srivastava, UPID (UP Institute of Design) designers Sarika Verma and Vandana Prajapati along with culptorsfrom Gorakhpur will be creating a model.
Moulds, sprays and automatic machines will be ordered and given to the people associated with sculpture designing. In addition, the expert team will also give training to those who will produce the product locally.
Recently, a meeting was held in this regard under the chairmanship of Navneet Sehgal, General Manager and Principal Secretary, Micro, Small and Medium Industries (MSME), Mati Arts Board.
It was decided during the meeting that to compete with the Chinese products in terms of quality and price in making the Gauri-Ganesh sculptures and designer diyas, three things are necessary -- the size (8 to 12 inches) of the idols that are most in demand, Plaster of Paris mould for these sculptures should be introduced, and machines should be used for better and more efficient production.
It was also decided that sculpture expert Krishna Kumar Srivastava will model the sculptures. Its mould will be brought from Kolkata.
Srivastava, an MA in Fine Arts with specialisation in sculptures said: "We can do better than China. The Chinese viewpoint is just commercial, but our work will be straight from the heart. There are reasons for this. For example, Diwali is our festival, and Gauri-Ganesh is worshiped on this day."
Amarpal, who has also done MA in Fine Arts with expertise in sculpture, says: "For the first time. any head of the state has thought so much about the artistes associated with clay work. So it is our duty to live up to the intent. Four-five models of Gauri-Ganesh idols will be ready soon."
- Supreme Irony! Pak can't feed its own people but wants Kashmir
- Four minors stab teenager over petty issue in Delhi
- Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav: TN releases 60 prisoners
- K'taka AAP demands transparency in probe into 'Santro Ravi's' Case
- Two IAF jets crash in MP; pilot flying Mirage 2000 dies (3rd Ld)
- Delhi Police nab man for extorting money from woman with nude video
- Bengal panchayat polls: BJP to set up district-level committees, include ex-cops, advocates
- Mumbai: TISS students cancel BBC documentary show after BJYM protests
- 4 killed in road accident in Bengal's Jalpaiguri
- Refurbishment of 1400 km roads, e-scooters for last-mile connectivity: Delhi CM announces two projects