Leopard that attacked 3 in Ghaziabad court captured (Ld) - Ghaziabad News
by IANS | Updated Feb 08, 2023
A 12-member team of the Forest Department along with the police personnel were engaged in a 4-hour-long operation to capture the leopard.
Nets were strategically placed in several points to capture the big cat. The leopard was also administered tranquilizer.
A huge crowd of people, including the court staff and lawyers, was witnessed outside the court, which was sealed while the operation to capture and rescue the leopard was underway.
The Forest Department team had brought nets and cages to trap the leopard.
Earlier, the cobbler was admitted to a hospital after he sustained critical injuries. Several people were also injured in the commotion.
All the rooms of the old building were evacuated as soon as news of the leopard entering the premises spread.
A video of the incident has surfaced, where three lawyers are seen patrolling the building with sticks to catch the leopard.
One of them was filming the video when the big cat suddenly attacked them, injuring one lawyer.
The main building was eventually cordoned off.
According to eyewitnesses, the leopard was first seen under the stairs in the CJM court building.
- Goa Speaker grants six weeks to 8 defected MLAs to file reply on disqualification
- Nadda, Tomar to launch Natural Farming Kisan Jagran Abhiyan from UP next week
- Punjab Police arrested 10,576 drug smugglers: Official
- Punjab CM review arrangements for Hola Mohalla celebrations
- Youth hacked to death near court complex in Coimbatore
- MP: Khandwa tense after Hanuman's idol installed in Muslim house
- LCA Tejas at the centre stage of 'India Pavilion' at Aero India 2023
- DRI seizes 24.4 kg gold worth Rs 14 cr, arrests 8 from near B'desh border
- BSF airlifts 3 patients, 4 bodies from snow-bound Tanghdhar in J&K
- J'khand: 4 houses gutted as live wire falls on them