Last rites of Anjali performed amid heavy security - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Jan 03, 2023
More than 1,000 police and paramilitary forces personnel were deployed along the stretch from the victim's house till the cremation ground to avoid any untoward incidents.
Over 50 police vehicles escorted the ambulance in which the deceased's body was taken for the final journey. However, nobody was allowed to enter the cremation ground except for the family members.
A large number of people gathered outside the cremation ground, carrying placards and photos of the victim, raising 'Justice for Anjali' slogans to mark their protest against the police.
"Where wre the police when the incident took place," asked an angry proteser.
"Anjali should get justice. We demand capital punishment for the accused," said Rampal, a residwnt of Karan Vihar.
"Where were the police when the victim was dragged for 12 km? How many police vehicles were there in the area," asked another protester, adding that police personnel found guilty of negligence should be suspended.
Anjali died in a horrific accident on the outskirts of Delhi in the early hours of Sunday, after being dragged for around 12 km from Sultanpuri to Kanjhawala under the car that had hit her Scooty. Five persons who were in the car have been arrested are are presently in police custody.
- Leopard that attacked 3 in Ghaziabad court captured (Ld)
- SC removes reference to Sikkimese-Nepalese as 'persons of foreign origin' in its verdict
- Network Planning Group recommends 63 infra projects
- Delhi Ridge acts as a lung, supplying oxygen to city residents: SC
- Ugandan nationals held in Goa for possessing drugs
- Tension during Lokesh's padyatra in Chittoor district
- 'Until further orders': SC halts construction within core areas of tiger reserves, national parks
- Coal scam: ED recovers Rs 1 crore from businessman's office in Kolkata
- Mahagathbandhan to hold a rally in Purnea to counter BJP
- CBI lodges FIR against 4 persons for misappropriating Rs 10.13cr