K'taka govt to distribute copies of Constitution among gram panchayats - Bengaluru News
by IANS | Updated Nov 26, 2022
Talking to reporters after garlanding the statue of B.R. Ambedkar on the occasion of Constitution Day on Saturday, Bommai said that the spirit of the Constitution must also be felt at the village level.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has said that the Constitution is his "religious book" which is followed by everyone, Bommai said.
After the framing of the Constitution, India became a union of states and started functioning as a Republic, he said.
On this day, Ambedkar, the architect of the Constitution, is remembered with respect because it was under his chairmanship that the Constitution framing committee was formed, which gave a permanent gift to democracy, Bommai said.
The Chief Minister said that the committee studied the Constitution of several countries and then presented a beautiful Constitution to the nation which covered all aspects like unity, equality and individual freedom.
He said that all four pillars of democracy -- executive, legislature, judiciary and media -- must work as per the Constitution.
- Vasundhara Raje posts old video on social media, sparks speculations
- Earthquake of magnitude 4.0 hits Manipur's Ukhrul
- Art exhibition featuring 105 artists opens in Chandigarh
- BJP MLAs stage sit-in outside Kejriwal's residence over pending salary at 12 DU colleges
- Delhi shop owner held for staging fake robbery
- In a new outreach, RSS leader Indresh Kumar meets representatives of Muslim countries
- CPI-M will not form govt in India in 500 years: Assam CM
- Two juveniles nabbed for duping people on pretext of installing bar codes
- ED attaches assets worth Rs 9.12 cr of Kolkata bizman in black money case
- Work towards nation building: Assam CM tells state's NCC, NSS contingent