K'taka forming citizen quarantine squads to ensure compliance - Bengaluru News
by IANS | Updated Jun 18, 2020
"CQS is an initiative of the Home Quarantine Taskforce formed by the government of Karnataka. Under this initiative, home quarantine is micro-managed at the level of polling booth," said an official.
As part of the plan, one booth level officer (BLO) will supervise 300-400 houses coming under a polling booth.
Similarly, a CQS member will be tasked to monitor 50-100 houses in a locality to see whether home quarantined people are observing the prescribed protocols or not.
"Within the set 300 to 500 houses are monitored closely and any violation is reported to the BLO. A member of CQS will oversee a set of 50 to 100 houses," said the official.
Likewise, the CQS member should also keep an eye on new people coming into the 50-100 houses he is monitoring and update the BLO.
The Home Quarantine Taskforce has asked interested individuals to apply and upload their details.
"Bengaluru citizens can now assist the local BLO in ensuring effective home quarantine," the official added.
- After two days of rain & snow weather improves in Kashmir
- TN power utility seeks approval to purchase solar power from farmers
- Jammu-Srinagar National Highway closed for 2nd day
- Sonia to attend President address as Congress leaders stuck in Srinagar
- BRS & AAP to boycott Prez address
- PM Modi to visit poll bound K'taka on Feb 6
- Rape victim's brother found dead in UP's Meerut
- PM Modi to inaugurate Delhi-Mumbai Expressway on Feb 12
- Three held for duping Swiss tourist at Taj Mahal
- Prez Murmu to address joint sitting of Parliament first time