K'taka Cong gears up for Priyanka's B'luru convention - Bengaluru News
by IANS | Updated Jan 13, 2023
The grand old party wants to counter the visits of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Union Home Minister Amit Shah to the state.
As Assembly elections are nearing, the ruling BJP is planning repeated visits of PM Modi, Amit Shah and also is roping in Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath to appeal to the public in the coming days.
The Congress leaders say they are confident of winning the polls this time. Even though the state unit has taken up various activities and leaders conducting rallies, the absence of charismatic national leaders was felt.
The party, however, wants to begin with a mega rally of Priyanka Gandhi. The leaders are looking forward to the rally and hoping that it will make an impact and rejuvenate the Congress party workers at the grassroots level and leaders.
The programme is titled 'Naa Nayaki' (I am the leader). The party is planning to rope in one lakh women for the rally from across the state.
KPCC Women's Wing President Puspa Amarnath stated that the participation of Priyanka Gandhi would boost the prospectus of the party in the state and they are looking forward to the event.
The party is also contemplating releasing a separate manifesto for women. The party has been conducting a series of meetings and also over virtual platforms to make the event successful.
- After two days of rain & snow weather improves in Kashmir
- TN power utility seeks approval to purchase solar power from farmers
- Jammu-Srinagar National Highway closed for 2nd day
- Sonia to attend President address as Congress leaders stuck in Srinagar
- BRS & AAP to boycott Prez address
- PM Modi to visit poll bound K'taka on Feb 6
- Rape victim's brother found dead in UP's Meerut
- PM Modi to inaugurate Delhi-Mumbai Expressway on Feb 12
- Three held for duping Swiss tourist at Taj Mahal
- Prez Murmu to address joint sitting of Parliament first time