Kerala HC pulls up Sabarimala temple guard seen shoving devotees - Thiruvananthapuram News
by IANS | Updated Jan 16, 2023
The picture of guard Arun Kumar, attached to the Travancore Devasom Board, which runs the day today affairs of the hilltop shrine, had gone viral on the social media and it came before the high court's Devasom bench while a few lawyers also raised this issue.
The court expressed its displeasure and asked who is this person and what authority does he have to touch the body of pilgrims.
When the state government counsel contended that this was done as part of the crowd control, the court pointed out that there are scientific methods of crowd control and that is the duty of the police.
The court asked to include the TDB's top official and also Arun Kumar as a party in the case and posted the case for next Tuesday.
Incidentally, Arun Kumar has now been identified as a trade union leader of the CPI-M attached to the TDB and is a close associate of State Education Minister V. Sivankutty.
The TDB suspended Arun Kumar for his act.
- Parliament proceedings likely to witness disruptions today also on Adani issue
- Clear sky, bright sunshine in Jammu, partly cloudy sky in Kashmir
- Andhra Pradesh CM may shift to Vizag next month
- India sends NDRF team, humanitarian aid to quake-ht Turkey
- Three killed as car rams into stationary van in Telangana
- Maurya dares Yogi to register FIRs against seers, RSS chief
- Woman cop sent to lines for taking massage from junior in UP
- UP STF busts gang duping youth in name of army jobs
- Man sets himself on fire inside UP police station
- Close aide of Vikas Dubey arrested