Kerala, Goa to play opening match of Santosh Trophy final round - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Feb 07, 2023
The opening day of action will feature three games from Group A. After the Kerala-Goa clash, Odisha, hosting the tournament for the first time since May 2012, will play Maharashtra, while eight-time champions Punjab battle it out against Karnataka at the 7th Battalion Ground.
Group B, beginning the next day, features six teams as well, including direct final round entrants Railways and Services. They take on Manipur and Meghalaya, respectively, in their first matches. Last year's runners-up West Bengal will start their final-round campaign against Delhi.
Matches are set to take place in three venues -- Capital Football Arena, 7th Battalion Ground and the Kalinga Stadium. The last round of group matches may be played simultaneously across the three stadiums depending upon the standings after the penultimate round of games.
The top two teams from both groups will progress to the knockout rounds (semifinal and final) to be held in Saudi Arabia.
- England's Scrivens named ICC Women's Player of the Month for January
- Shubman Gill named ICC Men's Player of the Month for January
- I made the selector's job bit tougher, says Scott Boland amid selection squeeze
- IND v AUS Series: Teams have optional training at Nagpur ahead of second Test
- WPL Player Auction: Smriti Mandhana bags INR 3.4 crore deal with Royal Challengers Bangalore
- I almost lost an opportunity to make it for Khelo India this year, says KIYG medallist Gymnast Mann Kothari
- Women's T20 World Cup: Did speak about Virat Kohli's extraordinary knock at the MCG, reveals Jemimah Rodrigues
- Golf: Scheffler wins Phoenix Open, regains World No. 1 ranking from McIlroy
- La Liga: Barcelona beat Villarreal to move 11 clear; Depay strikes for Atletico
- Women's T20 World Cup: Samarawickrama, De Silva steer Sri Lanka to win over Bangladesh