Kejriwal renewed attack on L-G to 'divert media attention' from ED chargesheet: Delhi BJP - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Feb 02, 2023
Sachdevaha said that Chief Minister Kejriwal is "creating a constitutional crisis in Delhi by continuously making irresponsible comments against the L-G".
The BJP leader further said that when Kejriwal contested the first election in 2013, even then he knew that Delhi is a Union Territory where the L-G has supremacy in administrative arrangements; since the beginning he has been in conflict with the L-G and his government has many times knocked the doors of courts but "no decision has come in their favour".
The result of this "politics of confrontation" was that the people of Delhi were getting "disenchanted" with the AAP, which got 62 seats in the Assembly in the 2020 elections, but an analysis of the 2022 municipal elections revealed that the party was able to lead in "only 42 assembly constituencies" in 10 of which the AAP's candidates "won by small margins of 1,000 votes", Sachdeva argued.
"In such a situation, it would be better for his political existence if he leaves the power struggle with the L-G aside and concentrates on the development of Delhi," he added.
- Goa Speaker grants six weeks to 8 defected MLAs to file reply on disqualification
- Nadda, Tomar to launch Natural Farming Kisan Jagran Abhiyan from UP next week
- Punjab Police arrested 10,576 drug smugglers: Official
- Punjab CM review arrangements for Hola Mohalla celebrations
- Youth hacked to death near court complex in Coimbatore
- MP: Khandwa tense after Hanuman's idol installed in Muslim house
- LCA Tejas at the centre stage of 'India Pavilion' at Aero India 2023
- DRI seizes 24.4 kg gold worth Rs 14 cr, arrests 8 from near B'desh border
- BSF airlifts 3 patients, 4 bodies from snow-bound Tanghdhar in J&K
- J'khand: 4 houses gutted as live wire falls on them