Karnataka mini-secretariat to be shut on Friday after Covid case - Bengaluru News
by IANS | Updated Jun 18, 2020
"All offices in the 3-floor Vikas Soudha will remain closed on Friday for sanitisation as a government employee tested positive on Wednesday," a civic official said.
The Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP), which is entrusted with the task of containing the corona virus spread, has already started sanitising a portion of the building in the city centre.
"All employees working in various departments located in the building are exempted from reporting to duty on Friday (June 19) and can work from home," said the official.
After the Food and Civil Supplies Department official tested positive, all offices on the ground floor of the mini-secretariat were sealed and sanitised.
The city registered 17 fresh cases on Thursday, taking the total number of positive cases to 844. With 14 discharged earlier in the day, 384 have been cured of the infection, while 408 are under treatment.
Of the 114 Covid deaths across the southern state since March 10, Bengaluru accounted for 51 till date.
- Delhi HC grants bail to alleged kingpin in Shakti Bhog Foods money laundering case
- Over 4,000 youths cheated on pretext of 'gigolo', escort jobs, two arrested
- Did Shakespeare predict J&K's bigwig land grabbers in his sublime tragedy?
- Delhi L-G recommends Sisodia's name to Home Ministry for probe over Feedback Unit
- Campaigning for Tripura polls at high pitch
- '1,457 cases pending related to compensation for land acquisition'
- Police report on postering in front of Justice Mantha's residence lacks specifics
- 2 held in Tamil Nadu for poaching 18 turtles
- Maha: MVA, others seek probe into scribe's 'murder', decry lawlessness
- Karnataka's ruling BJP, opposition parties gear up for last Assembly session