Kanjhawala case: Court defers hearing on accused Ashutosh's bail plea - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Jan 10, 2023
Accused of tampering with evidence, Bhardwaj's bail plea was scheduled for hearing before Metropolitan Magistrate Sanya Dalal and has now been adjourned to January 12 due to the judge's absence.
Counsel representing Bhardwaj, had moved the plea on January 9 seeking bail on grounds that the offences are bailable in nature and that the accused has cooperated with the police post incident.
However, Atul Srivastava, an additional public prosecutor opposed the plea arguing that Bhardwaj had handed over the car involved in the accident to a co-accused, who did not possess a driving licence.
The court has sent six accused to 14 days judicial custody. Other than Bhardwaj, the other accused have been identified as Deepak Khanna, Amit Khanna, Krishan, Mitthun and Manoj Mittal.
- After two days of rain & snow weather improves in Kashmir
- TN power utility seeks approval to purchase solar power from farmers
- Jammu-Srinagar National Highway closed for 2nd day
- Sonia to attend President address as Congress leaders stuck in Srinagar
- BRS & AAP to boycott Prez address
- PM Modi to visit poll bound K'taka on Feb 6
- Rape victim's brother found dead in UP's Meerut
- PM Modi to inaugurate Delhi-Mumbai Expressway on Feb 12
- Three held for duping Swiss tourist at Taj Mahal
- Prez Murmu to address joint sitting of Parliament first time