Joshimath residents seek proper compensation before damaged houses' demolition - Joshimath News
by IANS | Updated Jan 10, 2023
A large number of police along with SDRF, NDRF personnel was deployed for smooth demolition on Tuesday but the locals turned down the administration's request to vacate buildings.
Two JCBs, a big crane and two tipper trucks, along with 60 labourers were brought in for demolition of two hotels -- Malari Inn and Mount View -- which have leaned towards each other. But, due to heavy protests, the demolition could not be started till late evening. However, water, electricity, telephone lines were removed from the area by the administration.
The affected residents are demanding 'proper' rehabilitation and compensation. They said that they will not vacate buildings until the government does not give them proper compensation and rehabilitation.
In support of the affected people, villagers also reached Joshimath and took out a procession.
- Polling for 5 Legislative Council seats in UP today
- Jammu-Srinagar highway closed due to shooting stones
- Ramcharitmanas row: Another Ayodhya seer announces reward for beheading SP leader
- 8 booked for desecration of Ramcharitmanas in Lucknow
- 'Go to the lower strata and check if they are getting benefits of govt schemes': Modi
- J&K L-G launches QR-code based labels of 13 different GI, non-GI registered crafts
- Enrollment in higher education increased to nearly 4.14cr in 2020-21
- Trinamool announces 1st list of 22 candidates for Tripura polls
- Urgently address gaps in leprosy services, accelerate efforts towards zero infection: WHO
- Muslims keeping Assamese language alive, says Badruddin Ajmal