Jodhpur to get new terminal building, Kota to get new airport: Scindia - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Feb 02, 2023
Talking about the increased air travel infrastructure in Rajasthan, Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia on Thursday said that to cater to the increased air travel demand in Jodhpur, a new terminal building will be inaugurated soon. Built at a cost of Rs 500 crore, with an area of 20,000 square meters, the airport will have the capacity to handle one thousand passengers and give a big boost to tourism and the local economy.
The minister added that there have been significant developments in Rajasthan's civil aviation landscape since 2014. He shared that new airports have been established in Kishangarh, Bikaner, and Jaisalmer and a new airport is also being planned for Kota. Apart from infrastructure, tremendous growth has also been seen in aircraft movement. In 2014, this number stood at 555, which has now increased almost three times to reach 1530 aircraft movements per week.
Jyotiraditya Scindia along with Minister of State for Civil Aviation, Vijay Kumar Singh inaugurated a flight connecting Jaipur and Jodhpur virtually on Thursday. IndiGo airline will operate this route under a schedule effective from 2nd February 2023.
- Sebi 'fully equipped', could set up a panel of experts, Centre to SC on Adani issue
- Essar Oil & Gas Exploration & Production achieves highest ever revenue and EBIDTA
- Renault Nissan to invest $600 million, launch six new models (Lead)
- Inflation-linked road toll rate hike to be modest in FY24: ICRA
- Homegrown EV mobility solutions provider Magenta Mobility raises $40 mn
- Researcher says PokerBaazi exposed users' information, platform denies data breach (Lead)
- Piyush Goyal directs FCI to open more procurement centres in UP
- IIT-K unveils breakthrough in coal/mineral transportation
- Mumbai airport records surge in passenger movement, traffic up by 149% in Jan
- Tesla adjusts its EV pricing for 4th time in US