J'khand: 4 houses gutted as live wire falls on them - Ranchi News
Ranchi, Feb 13 (IANS) Four houses were gutted after an 11,000 volt overhead live wire fell on their roofs in Sajwan village of Jharkhand's Palamu district on Monday.
by IANS | Updated Feb 13, 2023
The fire spread after a gas cylinder exploded. It caused loss of property, along with claiming the lives of a few cattle.
All the residents of the houses were evacuated safely with the help of villagers.
Haidernagar police station in-charge Azad Ansari reached the spot immediately after receiving information.
As per sources, the fire brigade took around an hour and fifteen minutes in covering a distance of 12 km to reach the spot.
Four families lost their homes in the incident.
The villagers alleged that they had submitted several applications to the electricity department urging them to install guards at the wire.
Despite the repeated requests, 440 volt wires are supported by bamboo poles in the village.
Disclaimer: This story is auto-aggregated by a computer program and has not been created or edited by FreshersLIVE.Publisher : IANS-Media
- Go Airline has history of missing its financial obligations: Pratt & Whitney
- SC collegium brushes aside IB's objection, recommends Parsi lawyer as judge for Bombay HC
- 'Anurag Thakur tried to suppress the matter', alleges Vinesh Phogat amid protest
- Kerala's rogue elephant trouble far from over as radio collar fails
- Mainly cloudy weather with rain predicted in J&K
- Tibetan medical practitioners condemn 'false' reports against Dalai Lama
- Delhi Police raids 20 locations in Delhi, Haryana
- UP Police teams set up to arrest SHUATS officials
- Seven held in Punjab for cheating GMADA
- Delhi excise policy case: ED to grill Vijay Nair, Dinesh Arora