Jilted lover stabs girl in Delhi, held in Haryana's Ambala - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Jan 04, 2023
The accused was identified as Sukhvinder Singh alias Sukha.
The girl in her statement said that she was on her way to an education institute when the accused met her. Since she knew him she didn't expect that he would attack her. The accused, on the pretext of discussing a matter, took her to a street and suddenly stabbed her.
"He wanted me to continue the friendship between us. I didn't want to be in a relationship with him. We were friends, but due to some issue, I broke this friendship. Since then he was pressurizing me. On January 2, he met me and again asked me to continue the friendship but when I refused he stabbed me," the girl told the police.
CCTV of the incident was also accessed by IANS in which the accused could be seen stabbing her.
The police said that after stabbing the girl, accused Sukha fled from the spot.
"Through technical surveillance, it was found that the accused had absconded to Ambala from Delhi. Team rushed to Ambala and apprehended him on Tuesday evening. He is being brought from Ambala to Delhi," the police said.
The condition of the victim is stable. Further investigation is in progress
- Last rites of Odisha minister, shot dead by a cop, performed
- Plane carrying Andhra Pradesh CM makes emergency landing
- MP minister Narottam Mishra plays anchor role in bringing back Katni mayor to BJP
- Meet Kashmir's self-taught artist whose Insta page of artworks is a hit
- Taaraka Ratna continues to be in critical state at B'luru hospital
- Prime Minister urges UNGA President on Security Council reforms
- Goa minister condemns Amit Shah's statement on Mhadei
- Accountant held for harassing his ex-fiancee
- Chhattisgarh coal levy extortion scam: ED attaches more assets worth Rs 17.48 cr
- Nitish Kumar suffering from memory loss, says BJP MLA