Jane Fonda raises concerns over upcoming 'Barbarella' remake - Los Angeles News
by IANS | Updated Jan 30, 2023
"Euphoria" actress Sydney Sweeney will star as the title character in the film reboot, a role which was made famous by Jane back in 1968, reports 'Mirror.co.uk'.
While not much is known about the remake, the original cult classic followed the adventures of Barbarella, a 41st century astronaut, as she tried to stop evil scientist Durand Durand from destroying the galaxy.
Jane has said she is not involved in the new production and has no idea how the film will turn out. Asked what she thinks about the reboot, the 85-year-old said: "I try not to. Because I worry about what it's going to be."
'Mirror.co.uk' further states that Jane had some strong opinions about how the 1968 film should have been made, but has said her suggestions were ignored by producer Dino De Laurentiis.
"I had an idea of how to do it that Dino De Laurentiis, when he was still alive, wouldn't listen to. But it could have been a truly feminist movie," she told 'The Hollywood Reporter'.
The original movie was a box office flop, but has since gone on to be recognised as a cult classic.
- Ryan Reynolds, Blake Lively welcome their 4th baby
- XG's 'Left Right' music video contrasts space travel with 1970s visual themes
- Celebrity Cricket League to bring the best of sports, entertainment from Feb 18
- Atif Aslam to perform with Firdaus Orchestra live in concert in Dubai
- Akshay Kumar says he is inspired by Chote Miyan Tiger Shroff
- Days after Burt Bacharach's death, his 'You Can Have Her' with Elvis Costello is out
- U2 all set for Vegas tour celebrating band's 1991 album 'Achtung Baby'
- Bhuvan Bam releases new song from 'Taaza Khabar' in collaboration with his old pals
- Jennifer Coolidge gets funnily sticky in Super Bowl ad for makeup brand
- Anil Kapoor, Aditya Roy Kapur feature on book cover of John le Carre's 'The Night Manager'