Jammu-Srinagar National Highway closed for 2nd day - Jammu News
Jammu, Jan 31 (IANS) The Jammu-Srinagar National Highway continued to remain closed for vehicular traffic for the second day in a row, officials said on Tuesday.
by IANS | Updated Jan 31, 2023
Shooting stones and mudslides were triggered by rain at several places between Chanderkot and Banihal, the officials said.
"Jammu Srinagar NHW still closed. People are advised not to take any journey on NH-44 till the restoration work is completed," Jammu and Kashmir Police Traffic police said.
The highway is the lifeline of the Kashmir valley and the main road link connecting Kashmir with the rest of the country.
Kashmir-bound trucks laden with essential supplies and other vehicles pass through the highway and fruit carrying trucks from Kashmir head for the rest of the country through this road.
Disclaimer: This story is auto-aggregated by a computer program and has not been created or edited by FreshersLIVE.Publisher : IANS-Media
- Goa Speaker grants six weeks to 8 defected MLAs to file reply on disqualification
- Nadda, Tomar to launch Natural Farming Kisan Jagran Abhiyan from UP next week
- Punjab Police arrested 10,576 drug smugglers: Official
- Punjab CM review arrangements for Hola Mohalla celebrations
- Youth hacked to death near court complex in Coimbatore
- MP: Khandwa tense after Hanuman's idol installed in Muslim house
- LCA Tejas at the centre stage of 'India Pavilion' at Aero India 2023
- DRI seizes 24.4 kg gold worth Rs 14 cr, arrests 8 from near B'desh border
- BSF airlifts 3 patients, 4 bodies from snow-bound Tanghdhar in J&K
- J'khand: 4 houses gutted as live wire falls on them