ISSF President's Cup: Anjum Moudgil wins women's 3-position silver - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Dec 03, 2022
Shooting at the Egypt International Olympic City (EIOC) range, Anjum went down 14-16 to German Anna Janssen in the gold medal match.
This was India's second medal in the year-ending tournament after Rudrankksh Balasaheb Patil had won gold in the men's 10m air rifle competition on Friday.
On Thursday, Anjum had set a new national record in women's 3P when she shot 591 in qualification to finish fourth and make it to the ranking round. On Saturday, the Indian women's rifle ace topped the eight-strong field with a solid 412.9, a huge 1.8 points ahead of Anna, who shot 411.1 to finish second and enter the title clash alongside Anjum.
Among those that the duo left behind was Switzerland's Nina Christen, the reigning Olympic Champion, who finished fifth with a score of 354.3 points.
In the final, both shooters fought hard and were tied 14-14 in their quest to be the first to reach 16 points. Anjum had the opportunity to strike gold when Anna shot a 9.9 in her final attempt, but an 8.8 put paid to all her hopes.
- J&K LG reviews preparedness for 3rd Khelo India Winter Games
- Mumbai Falcons claim 1-2 finish, maintain lead in Formula Regional Middle East, Formula 4 UAE
- IPC picks 22 events in initial sports programme for Los Angeles 2028 Paralympic Games
- South Africa has several good memories for Indian fans, hoping to bring them more cheer: Harmanpreet
- Shafali, Shweta, Parshavi in U19 Women's T20 World Cup team of the tournament
- We just want to go out there and enjoy our cricket: Harmanpreet Kaur ahead of T20 World Cup
- Beth Mooney, Steve Smith claim top honours in 2023 Australian Cricket Awards
- After World Cup debacle, Graham Reid resigns as chief coach of Indian men's hockey team
- Indian-American Theegala tied fourth at Farmers as Rahm finishes seventh (Ld)
- Opener Murali Vijay announces retirement from all forms of international cricket