Israeli bus under shooting attack near West Bank settlements: Army - Tel Aviv News
by IANS | Updated Jan 16, 2023
No injuries were reported in the attack, which took place at Gush Etzion, a major settlement bloc in the central West Bank, it added.
After the bus was hit by gunshots, the Israeli troops launched searches in the area, but the assailants have remained at large, Xinhua news agency quoted the statement as saying.
It was the latest incident in escalating tensions in the West Bank, where the Israeli military has been carrying out daily arrest raids since March 2022.
Israel says the raids aim to arrest suspects in a string of attacks that killed 29 people.
The West Bank, along with the Gaza Strip, was seized by Israel in the 1967 Middle East war.
Despite international condemnations, Israel has maintained its control over the territory.
- Electricity crisis continues to undermine economic growth: S. Africa Prez
- Iran, Saudi Arabia to resume normalisation talks soon: FM
- Yemen forms new reserve military units to confront Houthis
- Tanzania embarks on programme to eliminate leprosy by 2030
- Turkey may respond 'differently' to Finland's NATO bid: Prez
- Israel announces punitive measures against Palestinians after shooting attacks
- Lebanon condemns Israeli raid in West Bank
- Indigenous children graves in Canada proof of 'genocide': Iran
- African Swine Fever kills 256 pigs in Indonesia's East Nusa Tenggara
- Cambodia's ruling party fully supports Hun Sen as PM candidate for general election