Insta Fraud: Techie held in B'luru for trapping women by promising jobs - Bengaluru News
by IANS | Updated Feb 03, 2023
The accused has been identified as Dilli Prasad, a resident of Koramangala in Bengaluru. He worked with a private company and held five Instagram accounts, posing as a woman and a manager in most of them.
He used to chat with women and claimed that he could get them jobs in companies where he had 'contacts'. Believing his words, the gullible women came to the places where he asked them to come.
He mostly booked rooms in Oyo hotels and after the women came there, he forced them to have sex and recorded the acts. He used to blackmail them with their private videos.
Bengaluru Police Commissioner Pratap Reddy said that Prasad had videos of more than 10 young women.
He mostly trapped the young women from Andhra Pradesh by using women's photos as display pictures. The police have lodged a case against Prasad under the IT Act. The probe has revealed that the accused was trapping women for the past two years.
- Goa Speaker grants six weeks to 8 defected MLAs to file reply on disqualification
- Nadda, Tomar to launch Natural Farming Kisan Jagran Abhiyan from UP next week
- Punjab Police arrested 10,576 drug smugglers: Official
- Punjab CM review arrangements for Hola Mohalla celebrations
- Youth hacked to death near court complex in Coimbatore
- MP: Khandwa tense after Hanuman's idol installed in Muslim house
- LCA Tejas at the centre stage of 'India Pavilion' at Aero India 2023
- DRI seizes 24.4 kg gold worth Rs 14 cr, arrests 8 from near B'desh border
- BSF airlifts 3 patients, 4 bodies from snow-bound Tanghdhar in J&K
- J'khand: 4 houses gutted as live wire falls on them