Inflation in Pakistan climbed to 24.5% in Dec - Islamabad News
by IANS | Updated Jan 03, 2023
The CPI in December also witnessed a year-on-year rise from November as it went through an increase of 23.8 per cent in the previous month, Xinhua news agency quoted the PBS as saying.
On a month-on-month basis, the CPI edged up 0.5 per cent in December as compared to a growth of 0.8 per cent in the previous month, the PBS figures showed.
The inflation rate had been in line with the Ministry of Finance's monthly outlook for the month of December, ranging from 23 to 25 per cent.
- US tracks Chinese spy balloon sailing across (Ld)
- Ukraine signs deal to join EU's Single Market Programme
- Myanmar declares martial law in 37 towns
- Ukraine seeks to extend duty-free trade with EU until end of 2024
- Pentagon detects suspected Chinese spy balloon over US
- Zelensky discusses cooperation, Ukraine's European integration with EU leaders
- EU to impose fresh sanctions on Russia by Feb 24
- New Jersey councilwoman shot dead outside home
- Pro-Pakistan Democratic Party representative ousted from US Congress panel
- B'desh: Freedom fighters express displeasure over Sarah Hossain's inclusion in UN panel