Indigenous children graves in Canada proof of 'genocide': Iran - Tehran News
by IANS | Updated Jan 29, 2023
Making the remark in a statement published on the Ministry's website, Kanaani on Sunday slammed the Canadian government's reluctance to provide sufficient and transparent information about the graves, saying it is indicative of the depth of the "human disaster" and reminiscent of the "crimes" committed during the "oppressive and racist" British rule in Canada.
The "horrible" crime has been committed in a country whose government has always tried to pass itself off as an advocate of human rights by putting on "deceptive and hypocritical" shows and to make meddlesome remarks about other states' developments, he added.
On Wednesday, Williams Lake First Nation announced at a press conference that an investigative team had found 66 more potential unmarked graves at a former residential school in British Columbia, Xinhua news agency reported.
With the new discovery, 159 graves have so far been found at the former St. Joseph's Mission Residential School, where 93 were uncovered in May 2021.
- Sikh professor deported in 2021 returns to Fiji
- Israeli fighter jets strike Gaza military post in response to rocket fire
- Cambodia revokes West-backed VOD radio's license over 'slanderous' broadcast
- Sedition case against ex-Pak Finance Minister for 'sabotaging negotiations' with IMF
- 6.1-magnitude quake hits New Zealand
- US-China rivalry will not split the world, globalisation is here to stay: Study
- S.Korean civic group accuses Army man of covering up suicide of bullied conscript
- Questions about spate of high-altitude objects shot down over North America
- Cambodian Prime Minister visits Laos; discusses strategic partnership, border
- Venezuelan Prez urges youths to defeat US blockade on National Youth Day