India to focus on health emergency prevention, digital health during G20 Presidency - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Jan 05, 2023
The first Health Working Group (HWG) meeting will be held from January 18-20 at Thiruvananthapuram in Kerala. The second HWG meeting will take place from April 17-19 in Goa, the third from June 4-6 in Hyderabad and the fourth HWG meeting and G20 Health Ministerial Meeting will take place from August 17-19 in Gandhinagar in Gujarat.
Among others, India's G 20 Presidency health priorities will include Strengthening Cooperation in Pharmaceutical Sector which includes access, availability and affordable medical countermeasures and Digital Health Innovation and Solutions emphasising on Universal Health Coverage and Improving Health Services Delivery.
"India's G20 Presidency health priorities will be focussed on health emergencies prevention, preparedness, and response. The country will aim to play a major role in converging discussions in multiple forums for Global Health Architecture and act as an enabler for reducing fragmentation and duplication", said Mandaviya.
India will focus on strengthening cooperation in the pharmaceutical sector by creating a permanent medical countermeasure platform and ensuring the availability of safe, quality, and affordable diagnostic vaccines and therapeutics across countries.
India will also focus during the G20 Presidency on the agenda to promote distributed manufacturing of vaccines, drugs, and diagnostics globally to manage future health emergencies, he said. India has exported drugs and vaccines to over 150 countries globally during the pandemic. The medical countermeasures availability is being linked to national security and India can ensure playing a proactive role in ensuring health security for Global South and low and low-middle income countries.
The use of Digital Health solutions such as Co-WIN, Telemedicine and the COVID-19 India platform highlighted the advantages of data-driven insights. The use of technology for accessibility, ease of availability, and affordability in health service delivery will be the main agenda of Digital Health during the presidency.
- Heavy rain warning: Holiday declared for schools, colleges in TN districts
- Pregnant woman, husband killed as car goes up in flames in Kerala
- Delhi Police to give new look to booths, pickets ahead of G20 meet
- EPS, OPS field candidates for Erode East bypoll: TN BJP confused on support
- Parliament adjourned till 2 p.m. amid chaos over Adani-Hindenburg issue
- K'taka: Petition submitted to prevent traders of other faiths from temple premises
- Houses adjourned to stop Oppn from raising Adani issue: Jairam
- First G20 Employment Working Group meet under India's Presidency begins in Jodhpur today
- LoP's suspension notice rejected by RS Chairman; House adjourned till 2 p.m.
- Two minor sisters molested in Delhi's Dwarka, accused held