India name experienced T20I side for five-match series against Australia - Mumbai News
by IANS | Updated Dec 02, 2022
Uncapped left-arm bowler Anjali Sarvani has been named in the squad which will be led by India's regular skipper Harmanpreet Kaur with Smriti Mandhana as her deputy, according to ICC.
A notable absentee from the squad is Pooja Vastrakar, who is ruled out owing to an injury and subsequently was not considered for selection, while Sneh Rana, D Hemalatha, and Kiran Navgire, who all were a part of the Asia Cup which India won in October, are also a few names missing from the mix.
Wicket-keeper Yastika Bhatia, who wasn't a part of the Asia Cup, is making a return to the side. India have also named four net bowlers along with the main squad.
With the ICC Women's T20 World Cup 2023 fast approaching, the five-match assignment will be crucial for both India and Australia in finding the right combination for the marquee tournament.
Both sides will play the first two matches at DY Patil Stadium in Mumbai before moving the action to Brabourne Stadium.
Squad: Harmanpreet Kaur (c), Smriti Mandhana, Shafali Verma, Yastika Bhatia (wk), Jemimah Rodrigues, Deepti Sharma, Radha Yadav, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Renuka Singh Thakur, Meghna Singh, Anjali Sarvani, Devika Vaidya, S Meghana, Richa Ghosh (wk), Harleen Deol.
Net bowlers - Monika Patel, Arundhati Reddy, SB Pokharkar, Simran Bahadur.
- Ross Taylor, Kallis, Brett Lee confirm their participation in LLC Masters
- U19 Women's T20 WC: India eye coveted title, but find strong England in their way (preview)
- Hockey World Cup: Malaysia beat Japan, France overcome Chile in playoff matches
- Sabalenka overcomes Rybakina to win Australian Open, first Grand Slam title
- Former No.1 Ashleigh Barty reunites with Australian Open trophy
- TOPS Development athletes set for competition in Khelo India Youth Games
- Used to bunk classes since I always wanted to play football with the boys in the school: Madhumathi
- Didn't know what a passport was till my first India call-up: Sunita Munda
- IBA continues implementing its new Development Program for the officials in Asian region
- All-female match officials appointed for ICC U19 Women's T20 World Cup Final