IND v BAN, 1st ODI: Kuldeep Sen debuts as Bangladesh win toss, elect to bowl first against India - Dhaka News
by IANS | Updated Dec 04, 2022
"Looks like it could be sticky for the first ten overs, that's why we are bowling first. Three seamers and two spinners for us. We want to follow the process and play good cricket," said Das.
India is touring Bangladesh for the first time since 2015. Skipper Rohit Sharma said he wasn't sure of what he would have done on winning the toss, but added he was inclined towards bowling first too.
"The pitch seems to have some moisture, so we would have bowled first too. We hardly played many games in New Zealand, but we fought well. Some of the guys batted really well. World Cup is still far away, we don't want to look too far ahead. We want to focus on what we have in hand and play accordingly," he added.
Rohit revealed that India are playing four all-rounders in Washington Sundar, Shahbaz Ahmed, Shardul Thakur and Deepak Chahar due to injuries and some issues.
Young fast-bowler Kuldeep Sen has been given an ODI debut while KL Rahul will be the wicket-keeper for India. India's top-order will have a familiar look in Rohit, Shikhar Dhawan and Virat Kohli.
Earlier, BCCI tweeted that in consultation with their medical team, Rishabh Pant has been released from the ODI squad and will join the team for the Test series, starting December 14.
It added that no replacement has been sought in Pant's absence, while left-arm spin all-rounder Axar Patel was not available for selection for the first ODI.
India: Rohit Sharma (captain), Shikhar Dhawan, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, KL Rahul (wicket-keeper), Washington Sundar, Shahbaz Ahmed, Shardul Thakur, Deepak Chahar, Mohammed Siraj and Kuldeep Sen.
Bangladesh: Litton Das (captain), Anamul Haque, Najmul Hossain Shanto, Shakib Al Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim (wicket-keeper), Mahmudullah, Afif Hossain, Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Hasan Mahmud, Mustafizur Rahman and Ebadot Hossain.
- We want to win the T20 World Cup trophy once again: England captain Heather Knight
- India begin preparations for the first Border-Gavaskar Trophy Test in Nagpur
- Cameron Green hasn't been able to do a lot yet, says Australia captain Pat Cummins
- Indian karting star Jaden Pariat to drive full season in British F4 championship
- Gurpreet Singh Sandhu extends Bengaluru FC stay till 2028
- Ben Stokes is final bit of jigsaw for England’s ODI World Cup plans: Nasser Hussain
- KIYG 2022: Chak De India to Khelo India - The Kerketa story
- Bowling sessions before going for World Cup helping me in bowling: Deepti Sharma
- Nick Kyrgios avoids conviction as he admits assaulting ex-girlfriend
- ISL 2022-23: There is no time to sit and complain, says Chennaiyin coach Thomas Brdaric