IITH, Indian Navy to jointly set up Tech Innovation Centre for maritime security - Hyderabad News
by IANS | Updated Jan 13, 2023
The establishment of the Co-Developmental Technology Innovation Centre (CTIC) at IIT Hyderabad's Technology Research Park (TRP) is the crucial first step for this engagement. The collaboration is aimed at solving real-world problems by leveraging the deep tactical and technical expertise of WESEE and IIT Hyderabad.
Prof B. S. Murty, Director, IITH signed an MoU with the Indian Navy, represented by Vice Admiral Sandeep Naithani, Chief of Material on January 9, to work in tandem towards Aatma Nirbhar Bharat and harness in-house tech capabilities.
Being steered by WESEE, the project aims to collaborate with IITH on innovative and pioneering projects related to contemporary and emerging technologies in the maritime domain.
Prof B. S. Murty, Director, IITH, said: "As a civilian, it is a matter of pride to use our technological expertise and research acumen in the defense of our Nation. We are glad to host Indian Navy's WESEE Innovation Centre on IITH Campus. I am confident that this CTIC at our TRP will nurture nation building spirit on campus and lead to top-notch and futuristic innovations to serve humanity at large."
- After two days of rain & snow weather improves in Kashmir
- TN power utility seeks approval to purchase solar power from farmers
- Jammu-Srinagar National Highway closed for 2nd day
- Sonia to attend President address as Congress leaders stuck in Srinagar
- BRS & AAP to boycott Prez address
- PM Modi to visit poll bound K'taka on Feb 6
- Rape victim's brother found dead in UP's Meerut
- PM Modi to inaugurate Delhi-Mumbai Expressway on Feb 12
- Three held for duping Swiss tourist at Taj Mahal
- Prez Murmu to address joint sitting of Parliament first time