Ibrahim Zadran smashes 162 to become Afghanistan's highest individual scorer in ODI cricket - Pallekele News
by IANS | Updated Nov 30, 2022
Zadran's epic knock of 162 came off a mere 138 balls and included 15 fours and four sixes. The opener completed his hundred in the 39th over, getting to it off 100 balls before smashing 58 runs off his next 38 balls to take his team to 313.
The opener broke the record for the highest individual score by an Afghanistan player in ODIs, beating Mohammad Shahzad's unbeaten 131 against Zimbabwe in 2015.
Zadran already has three hundreds in just eight ODI innings, and is Afghanistan's joint-third-highest century-maker in this format. The 20-year old has already racked up 433 runs in 8 ODIs, averaging 61.85 with the bat and converting each of his fifty-plus scores into hundreds. He now has hundreds in three of his last five ODIs.
Afghanistan had already booked their place in the ICC Men's Cricket World Cup 2023 in India with the win in the first ODI of this series.
- PVL: Presence of fans in stadiums across the three cities will add to the electrifying atmosphere inside the venues, says Joy Bhattacharjya
- Women's T20 Tri-series: Deepti Sharma helps dominant India thrash West Indies
- La Laga 2022-23: Four things we learned in Spain's Matchday 19 (Analysis)
- SA20: MI Cape Town pick Tim David as replacement for injured Livingstone
- SA20: MI Cape Town pick Henry Brookes in place of Olly Stone for 2023 season
- MP CM Shivraj Chouhan declares Khelo India Youth Games open in Bhopal
- Sachin Tendulkar, BCCI office-bearers to felicitate World Cup-winning U19 women's team
- World Veterans TT: Yogesh Desai claims gold in 70+, Mantu Murmu wins women's 60+ crown
- Boxer Tamanna Beniwal looking to win 4th medal in Khelo India Youth Games
- New Zealand's Bracewell refuses to criticise Lucknow pitch after losing T20I on spin-friendly track