Hyderabad police prohibits kite flying on roads, around places of worship - Hyderabad News
by IANS | Updated Jan 13, 2023
Hyderabad Police Commissioner C. V. Anand has issued a notification prohibiting kite flying on all thoroughfares and in and around places of worship. The orders will be in force from January 14 and 15.
According to the notification, this has been done in the interest of maintenance of public order and public safety.
The Police Commissioner also ordered that no loud speakers/DJs shall be placed or played in public space or public place without the required permission from the police authorities concerned. The notification says that no provocative speeches or songs shall be played over them.
The orders also make it clear that the noise levels from speakers or public address systems or any other activities should not exceed the permissible limits.
It also mentions the Supreme Court direction that a loud speaker or a public address system should not be used during the night between 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
The police chief advised parents and citizens to guide and supervise their children not to fly kites from the terraces without proper walls to avoid any accident or untoward incident.
"The revellers shall not collect wood forcibly and they should use wood only with consent of owners," reads the notification.
Meanwhile, BJP state President Bandi Sanjay has criticized the Telangana government for its stand that kite flying needs to be regulated to prevent breach of peace. "Are there any restrictions on size, locations and colours for Rangoli too," he asked.
- Sangh is neither right nor left wing, says RSS general secretary
- Gujarat: Woman, paramour held for her son's murder
- Union Budget instrument to push country into huge debt: Sisodia
- Man held at Mumbai airport with cocaine valued at Rs 33.60cr
- Tripura tribal party to contest alone in Feb 16 Assembly polls
- India lists Pak-based terrorist Abdul Rehman Makki as UN-listed terrorist
- Rs 4K cr for 14,500 PM SHRI Schools, 20 lakh students to benefit
- 'Ameer ke saath, gareeb ka vinash': Siddaramaiah on Union Budget
- Defence Budget: Focus on operational preparedness; thrust on Agniveers' training
- Motivational speaker Nick Vujicic calls on Andhra CM