Homegrown EV mobility solutions provider Magenta Mobility raises $40 mn - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Feb 13, 2023
Backed by Microsoft's global startup programme, the company closed $20 million in equity funding led by two global marquee investors, reports DealStreetAsia. The company raised $20 million in debt in the same round.
Magenta is aiming to expand its geographical presence in cities including Hyderabad, Chennai, Delhi and Chandigarh.
The company has a fleet of 600 3-wheelers and 4-wheelers across the country and expects to have over 4,000 in fiscal 2023-24, the report said.
Last year, the Mumbai-based charging solutions provider announced its collaboration with Amazon India.
Through this partnership, Magenta Mobility works with Amazon India to induct a fleet of electric vehicles including two and four-wheeler electric vehicles for its delivery partners in Hyderabad.
Magenta Mobility's current list of customers includes all the major e-commerce businesses such as Amazon, Flipkart, Bigbasket, Porter and Udaan.
It has a relationship with the electric-vehicle manufacturers such as Tata Motors, Mahindra Electric, Omega Seiki and Euler Motors.
Magenta is a Series A funded company backed by HPCL and investors such as JITO Angel Network, LetsVenture, and Indian-American philanthropist, Dr Kiran Patel.
- India open to FTA talks bilaterally or individually with African nations: Piyush Goyal
- Odisha train tragedy: Only small number of passengers opted for insurance cover
- RBI-MPC decides on internationalisation of Rupay cards, expanding scope of NPA resolution (Ld)
- Banks to issue Rupay prepaid forex cards: RBI
- Reddit lays off nearly 90 employees, reduces fresh hiring
- Apple acquires augmented reality headset startup Mira
- India's Internet economy to reach $1 tn by 2030: Report
- WWDC23: Everything that Apple launched as Vision Pro AR headset stole limelight
- Marketing tech firm ZoomInfo to lay off 3% of workforce
- RBI issues draft directions on digital payment security controls