Hockey WC: Special arrangements made at Rourkela stadium for differently-abled spectators - Rourkela News
by IANS | Updated Jan 14, 2023
The stadium was completed in just fifteen months, while the World Cup Village was built in just nine months. In order to make the arrangements more friendly, special emphasis has been placed to build a ramp that leads to the lift, taking the differently-abled fans to the floor having access to the stand on the first tier.
"A differently-abled person can enter the stadium from any gate. We have made it universally accessible for them. The stadium has about 100 seats allocated for them," said Vineel Krishna, Odisha Sports Secretary.
Besides the special arrangements, the stadium aims to provide a classic match experience for all the fans visiting the venue.
The gallery seating is designed in such a way that there will be no vision block for the fans irrespective of where they are seated. The stadium has been divided into two levels - lower bowl and upper bowl.
- PVL: Presence of fans in stadiums across the three cities will add to the electrifying atmosphere inside the venues, says Joy Bhattacharjya
- Women's T20 Tri-series: Deepti Sharma helps dominant India thrash West Indies
- La Laga 2022-23: Four things we learned in Spain's Matchday 19 (Analysis)
- SA20: MI Cape Town pick Tim David as replacement for injured Livingstone
- SA20: MI Cape Town pick Henry Brookes in place of Olly Stone for 2023 season
- MP CM Shivraj Chouhan declares Khelo India Youth Games open in Bhopal
- Sachin Tendulkar, BCCI office-bearers to felicitate World Cup-winning U19 women's team
- World Veterans TT: Yogesh Desai claims gold in 70+, Mantu Murmu wins women's 60+ crown
- Boxer Tamanna Beniwal looking to win 4th medal in Khelo India Youth Games
- New Zealand's Bracewell refuses to criticise Lucknow pitch after losing T20I on spin-friendly track