Head of Bangladeshi criminals' gang held in Lucknow - Lucknow News
by IANS | Updated Jan 15, 2023
The police have arrested a key gang member from Chinhat police circle.
Deputy commissioner of police (DCP), East, Hridesh Kumar said that the Bangladeshi national was identified as Aslam Khan, 35, and he was wanted in multiple cases of robberies in different parts of Lucknow and Varanasi.
He said a reward of Rs 1 lakh had been announced on his head after his name surfaced in a series of crimes in the state.
The DCP said the police had been trying to track him down for the past three years and he was arrested after getting a tip off that he had returned to India to meet two gang members, Rabibul and Bilal, both Bangladesh nationals, lodged in Lucknow district jail for similar types of crimes.
The DCP said Aslam had confessed his involvement in robberies in Chinhat, Mall, Gomti Nagar and Vibhuti Khand between 2020 and 2021.
- Delhi CM urges Centre to provide 1,300 MGD water to ensure round-the-clock supply
- Shivpal named general secretary in SP's new executive
- Nagaland polls: BJP, NDPP likely to readjust seat-sharing pact
- Green India Challenge flag hoisted on Antarctica's highest mountain
- Bike racing in Kerala's Kovalam kills woman
- 8 benefits of a weighted blanket
- Pro-BJP wave in Karnataka, says CM Bommai
- Pedalling for a Cancer Free World
- Epicurean delicacies at your doorstep
- Five chefs discuss food-related aspirations for 2023