Haryana approves Rs 1,500 crore textile policy - Chandigarh News
by IANS | Updated Dec 01, 2022
The policy and related schemes will come into operation from the date of its notification and will remain in force for three years from the date of its notification.
A decision in this regard was taken at a meeting of the Council of Ministers presided over by Manohar Lal Khattar here. The new policy will supersede the previous Haryana Textile Policy of 2019 and aims to promote value-added textile activities with suitable policy interventions to harness the potential of the entire textile value chain in the state.
The Haryana Aatmanirbhar Textile Policy 2022-25 aims to attract investment in the textile sector to the tune of Rs 4,000 crore, generate 20,000 jobs and to achieve higher and sustainable growth in the value chain with emphasis on innovation, backward integration and adoption of clean and green technologies.
It also provide an impetus for diversification of Haryana's textile industry to the 'B', 'C' and 'D' category blocks and on the promotion of the sunrise sector within textile i.e., technical textiles, circular economy, open-end spinning, etc., and support setting up textile parks in the state.
- Kejriwal renewed attack on L-G to 'divert media attention' from ED chargesheet: Delhi BJP
- Two members of Bambiha gang held with illegal arms procured from MP
- 2 held at IGI airport with medicines valued at Rs 86.40L
- 3 injured after DTC bus crashes into subway crossing
- K'taka sex CD scandal: BJP prepares to handover case to CBI
- Lawyer held in Goa for committing theft in court
- 8 specially-abled children from Delhi to take part in World Scout Jamboree
- Two bystanders injured after two men open fire in Delhi's Bhogal market
- I-T dept raids over 30 locations of five builder groups across Jaipur
- January payment to be cleared soon: MCD commissioner tells HC